K1 Fiancee Visa Information

Posted by Criminal Defense Lawyer Sunday, November 15, 2009

The K1 Fiancee Visa and K1 Fiance Visa sound the same, but have different meanings. The difference is K1 Fiancee is tied to a man immigrating to the USA and K1 Fiance Visa is tied to a woman immigrating to the USA.

  • Paperwork

The paperwork is the same in both aspects of the K 1 visa. This is also the case with the green card through marriage. The new non immigrant spouse will go through the same green card I 485 documentation and the same USA green card interview.

All paperwork regardless of gender is the same from the time the I 129 F application is processed up to the point where the green card has been approved.

  • What is more common?

In the past most all non immigrants coming to the USA through a K 1 Visa were women. That trend has slowly started to change. There are a significant amount of women in the USA now finding a future spouse abroad.

If you look at the many online international dating websites you will see this trend. More and more websites are now starting to feature both men and women.

  • Why are more women seeking men abroad?

This question is common and asked often of both women and men. Women from the USA are asking why do US men seek women for marriage abroad and now the same question can be asked about women.

The main reason for this slowly change in the pursuit of marriage comes from the increasing number of immigrants entering the USA from not only border countries, but from countries across the world.

Cultures from countries around the world are interacting with us at work, during our down time and also in our schools. Both men and women of the USA are now being shown the beauty of other cultures and that beauty is enticing them to search outside their common comfort zone.

  • My reason

I can tell you that this is what happened to me. This was the reason why I wanted to travel abroad and meeting women from other cultures. I have worked with a lot of people from different cultures and over the past years I have grown to understand and cherish those experiences. You name the country and I have probably worked with a person from that country. Working in this kind of environment enabled me to learn about and experience many different cultures in a short amount of time. There was a realization in which I started to see myself understanding certain cultures better than others. Most people will never have this opportunity and I learned to appreciate the gift that was presented to me. At the time I was a year out of a very difficult relationship and this experience gave me a reason to still believe in marriage and building a lifetime commitment with someone.

One culture that stood out was Russia. The women were beautiful, their culture was amazing and their love of family over anything else was a breathe of fresh air. Without that job and interacting with so many people from other cultures, I would have never ventured out of my comfort zone.

Life experiences are what shapes a person into what they are and what they will become. As the USA becomes even more integrated with cultures of the world, more and more US citizens will use the K 1 Visa and green card through marriage to bring a love one to the USA.

0 comments

Post a Comment

About Me

Blog Archive